Would you believe that I’ve finished the book I had allocated for March?! career counselling, career coach, career coach brisbane, career counselling brisbane, brisbane career counselling, brisbane career coach
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert has been on my list for a while now. No research-based career development theory here friends, however it was a charming read all the same and the principles of Big Magic can certainly be applied to careers. career counselling, career coach,
The key messages I absorbed were:
- everyone can live a creative life regardless of ability or circumstance so long as you are open to the experience
- creative living requires bravery, devotion but also a sense of lightness and gratitude
- everyone is entitled to live a creative life, but not entitled to fame and fortune from their creations
- inspiration chooses you and you have a choice to choose inspiration or not. But if you do choose inspiration, honour it.
- Perfectionism does not serve creative living. Done is better than good.
There’s one line in this book that sums it all up for me – ‘Do you have the courage to bring forth the treasures that are hidden within you?